Hi Everyone

Just a quick question for the Network!

I am working in a small steering group which is aiming to set up some form of internet & ICT access for those people in Oldham who have a visual impairment or are blind.

The group initially is looking at sourcing appropriate equipment and accessible software to allow people of varying skills to participate in both group and 1-2-1 sessions.

If there is anybody on the OBNetwork who feels that they may be able to assist with this or has any useful information or links that could help us out please contact me.

This is something that doesn't get too much exposure within the public domain and although there are a number of computers available to people in the libraries which have accessible software installed they either don't know how to use them or don't have the confidence to have a go.....we want to change that!! Please help out if you can!!

Thank you

Tony

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tony,

It's a shame that you haven't had any replies because my Mum is severely visually impaired and could do with one-on-one tuition in the use of her iPad - especially the Voiceover function.

I will let you know if I manage to find any person or organisation who can help.

Regards,

Chris
====

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Forum

Give me some ENERGY!!!!!

Started by Ashley Bostock in General Business Forum Feb 14.

Work Experience for ESOL Learners

Started by Matt Corbett in The OBN Jan 16.

ICT availability for Visually Impaired People 1 Reply

Started by Tony Walsh in Internet and ICT. Last reply by Christopher Mercer Jan 12.

Work Experience Oppotrunities for ESOL learners 3 Replies

Started by Matt Corbett in General Business Forum. Last reply by Robert Downes Sep 9, 2016.

Light Industrial Space 1 Reply

Started by Rupert in General Business Forum. Last reply by carl charlesworth Sep 8, 2016.

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2017   Created by CandidSky   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service