We are always looking to create new relationships with employers across Oldham and Greater Manchester and there are many ways that you can help us, these include:
• Work experience placements- we are looking for employers to host work experience placements for young people aged 14 to 19 for 2-3hours per week for a group of three students who will be supported by a job coach. Currently work experience placements are offered at local charity shops and cafes.
• Pre Internship Placements- these are placements for approximately 12-14 hours per week and are usually with a larger employer that can accommodate 3-4 young people who will be supported by a job coach. Currently this type of placements are offered by David Lloyd Gym, Middleton, The RSPCA Shelter, Oldham and The Atrium Café, Oldham.
• Bridging the Gap- This model is where up to 6 students are based with an employer for a full year and participate in 3x 12 week placements across departments within that business. The employer provides a classroom space within their premises and the students are supported by two job coaches. We currently host Bridging the Gap projects at Royal Oldham Hospital and Manchester Metropolitan University.
• Future Finders- these are full time internship courses for young adults aged 19-25 who are looking to move into the world of work. Businesses should be able to offer a placement for up to 16 hours per week for one or two students. Many employers then offer employment opportunities to these students, should a role come up that their student is appropriate for.
• Working Interviews- Do you have a role available that might be suitable for one of our students? If so, we can meet with you to discuss a working interview, where by an applicant is given a trial rather than a formal interview. This is a great way for employers to assess the applicants’ skills and suitability before formally offering them a contract.
• Employer encounters- we are also looking for employers who could host one off tours of their business to some of our students to find out more about your industry sector. You may also be available to come into one of our schools to talk about your role and your company!
We are happy to talk to you in person about any of the above opportunities. We hope that our students will provide assistance within your place of work and will be a help not a hindrance! All of our partner employers have had fantastic experiences when working with us and many have gone on to promote our projects to other employers.
You need to be a member of Oldham Business Network to add comments!