Living in the era of digitisation, almost every small and large business organisation across the globe generates a considerable amount of digital data on a daily basis that is stored in various systems (usually computerised databases) for being used in the future. These data help in making key decisions for the betterment of a certain company along with providing a conspicuous picture of the daily production and profit. As a result, maintaining the accuracy of such information is of utmost importance.
The principal job of data entry service providers around the world is to enter and store these data in a digital database. As the data entry operators have to deal with a large chunk of digital information on a regular basis, there is always a possibility of entering inaccurate data. In today’s competitive market, even an ostensibly negligible error in data can bring disastrous consequences to a certain company.
To avoid these errors, various companies nowadays depend on outsourced data entry services. These outsourced companies are capable of maintaining a considerable amount of accuracy due to several reasons.
In this article, some of those reasons are discussed below:
1. Identifying the source of inaccuracy: In an organisation, data inaccuracy can occur for a number of reasons starting from a simple clerical error to inaccurate movement of information from one database to another, time bound changes such as change in marital status, and many more. These outsourced data entry service providers are adept at quickly detecting the source of such inaccuracies and rectifying them immediately.
2. Implementing new software programs: Software programs like optical character recognition (OCR) or intelligent character recognition (ICR) can effectively reduce the workload of the data entry operators working in the outsourced company by automatically extracting and processing important data. These software programs are unerring and one of the main reasons behind the accuracy of these service providers.
3. Strict and efficient work ethic: When a pool of data is given to the data entry professionals, there is always a pressure of completing the task within the deadline. For inexperienced data entry operators, this pressure sometimes causes errors and inaccuracies. The outsourced companies follow a systematic work ethic so that the pressure of the deadline doesn’t bother them at all. They can make enough time to do their job properly with an increased rate of productivity.
4. Getting automated error reports: Nowadays certain software programs are available that can send automated error report in case someone enters invalid information. Implementation of such software programs can effectively reduce the possibility of making errors. For example, if someone enters fewer or more digits while entering a social security number (always contains 9 digits), an error report will be sent to the client for avoiding this mistake.
5. Reviewing: Reviewing or double-checking the information entered in the database by professional reviewers significantly increases the accuracy of your data entry system. Almost every outsourced data entry company possesses a team of professional reviewers for this purpose.
These are the reasons responsible for the outstanding accuracy and popularity of the outsourced data entry service providers.